To create a dynamic list of articles on your WordPress website and automatically update it whenever a new article is added, you can use a plugin or create a custom solution. Here’s a step-by-step guide using a popular plugin called “Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails”:
- Install the plugin:
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to “Plugins” > “Add New.”
- Search for “Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails.”
- Click “Install Now” and then “Activate” to enable the plugin.
- Configure the plugin:
- Go to “Appearance” > “Widgets” in the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Locate the “Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails” widget.
- Drag and drop the widget to the desired widget area, such as the sidebar or footer.
- Configure the widget settings according to your preferences. You can set the number of posts to display, display post thumbnails, choose the post order, etc.
- Save and preview:
- Click “Save” to save the widget settings.
- Visit your website’s homepage to see the updated list of articles in the widget area you selected.
This plugin will automatically update the list of articles whenever a new post is published on your website. You can customize the appearance of the widget using CSS or other compatible methods to match the style of your homepage.
Alternatively, if you prefer a custom solution, you can create a custom WordPress query and implement it in your theme’s template file to display a list of articles. However, this method requires some coding knowledge and might be more complex than using a plugin.
Remember to regularly update your plugins, themes, and WordPress core to maintain the security and functionality of your website.