Adding a custom field like “Mobile Number” from the registration form to the account page in the Ultimate Member plugin requires a bit of configuration within the plugin’s settings. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Login to Your WordPress Dashboard:
- Navigate to your WordPress admin area.
- Access Ultimate Member Settings:
- On the left sidebar, hover over “Ultimate Member” and click on “Form Builder.”
- Edit the Registration Form:
- If you’ve already added the “Mobile Number” field to the registration form, you can skip this step. If not, select the “Registration” form and add the “Mobile Number” field.
- Edit the Account Form:
- From the dropdown at the top, select “Account” to edit the account form.
- You’ll see different tabs like “General,” “Privacy,” “Notifications,” etc. These represent the sections of the account page.
- Add the Mobile Number Field:
- Drag the “Text” field (or whichever field type you used for the mobile number in the registration form) from the left sidebar to one of the sections on the right. It’s typically added to the “General” section.
- Click on the field to edit its properties.
- Set the “Label” to “Mobile Number” and the “Meta Key” to the same value you used in the registration form (e.g.,
mobile_number). It’s crucial that the Meta Key matches exactly for the data to be consistent between forms.
- Adjust any other settings as needed, such as making it a required field, adding validation for mobile numbers, etc.
- Save Changes:
- Once you’ve added and configured the field, click the “Update” button to save your changes.
- Test the Changes:
- Log out and then log back into your site as a regular user (or use a test account). Navigate to the account page and check if the “Mobile Number” field appears and functions as expected.
Remember, when working with plugins and making changes, it’s always a good idea to backup your site or test changes on a staging site first to ensure everything works smoothly. If you encounter any issues or need further customization, you might consider reaching out to a developer or the Ultimate Member community for additional assistance.
Need Help? Get WordPress Emergency Support