How to start a blog
What is blog?
A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries. Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.
Good examples of this include a food blog sharing meal recipes or a company writing about their industry news. Blogs also promote reader engagement. Readers have a chance to comment and voice their different concerns and thoughts to the community. Blog owners update their site with new blog posts on a regular basis.
What is a blog used for?
To help your company rank on search engines. To share information about a given topic and become an expert in an industry. To attract visitors to your site, and turn those visitors into leads.
How do I start blogging?
How to Become a Blogger in 5 Simple Steps
- Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting.
- Start your blog by adding WordPress.
- Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
- Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
- Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.
How can I create a blog and earn money?
How to make money from blogging
- Use affiliate marketing on your blog. …
- Add banner adverts to your website. …
- Write advertorials and sponsored content. …
- Charge for sponsored social media posts. …
- Write guest blog posts for media outlets. …
- Work with an agency to build your blog. …
- Sell digital products on your blog.
How Much Money Can You Make Blogging?
Bloggers are making money in all kinds of ways. Successful bloggers can make over 7-figures/year, while other bloggers might be generating no income at all. A goal that many bloggers tell you to shoot for is $2,000/month in recurring income within one year.
Which Blogger site is best?
The 10 best blogging sites and platforms
- WordPress.org Best platform for serious bloggers.
- WordPress.com Best free blogging platform.
- Medium.com Simple platform for writing.
- Blogger.com Publishing platform by Google.
- Tumblr.com Best microblogging site.
- Wix.com Best blog website builder for beginners.
Are blogs still relevant in 2021?
Blogging is absolutely still relevant in 2021. In fact, roughly 409 million internet users read about 20 billion blog pages monthly. This is why 53% of marketers prioritize blogging as their primary content marketing strategy. Furthermore, blogging continues to flourish with a 12% increase in the last 5 years.